Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

London 2012 and a Mocktail :)

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I am completely stoked about the Olympics year! I honestly don't think that I have ever been this excited about the Summer Games. (I'm not really a big fan of the Winter Olympics, but give me 2 years and I could be telling you something different... :) ) In my utter excitement about the upcoming games, I decided that it would be so much fun to have some friends over to watch the Opening Ceremony!And what should always accompany friends and fun? FOOD! :) 

I decided that I wanted to plan a menu that was light, fun, and easy. This is what I came up with:
           California Chicken Club Wraps
           Southwestern Black Bean Salsa
           Stuffed Eggs (we are in the South!) 
           Olympic Ring "Cake"
           Sparkling Pomegranate Sangria Mocktail

We all had a blast watching the opening ceremony and I must say that I'm not quite as exhausted as usual when it comes to making food for a group! I'm so thankful for easy, delicious meals!!! 

Since not everyone knows what a mocktail is, it's a non-alcoholic version of a usually alcoholic drink. The one I used came from Rachael Ray, and I think it rocks! (Not that I know what a real Sangria tastes like!) I've posted the recipe below for you to try for yourself. Have fun and enjoy the Olympic games!

Happy eating,
~HB~
                                                                 
Sparkling Pomegranate Sangria Mocktail














Sparkling Pomegranate Sangria Mocktail
  • 4 clementines, peeled and cut into thin wheels
  • 3 bottles  (about 15 oz. each) blueberry-pomegranate juice, chilled
  • 1 sweet apple
  • 1 firm-ripe pear
  • 1 starfruit, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup seedless grapes, halved or whole
  • 20 ounces ginger ale, chilled

In a 3-qt. pitcher, add the clementines and blueberry-pomegranate juice. 

Quarter and core the apple and cut into bite-size chunks. Quarter and core the pear and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Add both to the pitcher along with the starfruit and grapes. 

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.Just before serving, pour in the ginger ale.

                                                              Go Team USA!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment