Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hurricane Preparedness 101

For those of you (like me) that are in the South, you're either enduring the wrath of (can we even really call it that???) or awaiting the nastiness of Hurricane Isaac. I find it funny that The Weather Channel is even making a huge deal out of this. Granted, it's a hurricane that's made landfall and it can do some major damage with flooding and winds, but come on. This is not Katrina. 

Rant over. 

This morning, I woke up and decided that we needed to be prepared just in case a wire were to get knocked over, ridding us of power for a little while, or if our water were to get turned off. 
 I've been working at it for a while and am pleased to announce that we have a double batch of honey-roasted mixed nuts, zucchini chocolate chip cookies, cauliflower fritters (in the works), ants on a log (celery filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins), and plenty of bottled water. Because what else would you need for a hurricane, I ask you?? Yeah...I'm definitely not too worried about this. My dog on the other hand? That's a different story.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies. That might have caught your attention for a second! I'm going to post the recipe for these little treats later this week, so keep watching! :) 
However, I'm not an idiot and neither is my family. We're prepared for what might happen. And praying against it every second. It's hard to believe that it's already been 7 years since Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc throughout the Southern parts of Mis...The Land Mass Between New Orleans and Mobile....sissippi. The Lord is Good, and I do believe that Isaac is nothing more than what it is: a Category 1 Hurricane. 


I'm off to make a sandwich!

Happy eating,
~HB~

1 comment: