Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Georgia Blue - great food!

My friend and I honestly stumbled into "Georgia Blues" last Friday night for dinner. We actually thought that we were headed to another restaurant (Two Brothers Grill), but it turned out that we had a very serious case of "I need a GPS...BAD." For me, anyway. 

However, we were both starving (at least I was) by the time that we got to GB, so we decided to go ahead and give it a shot. Boy, am I glad that we did! The parking lot was packed and there was a 15 minute wait for a table, but we were able to escape the wait by taking a small table across from the bar and within close proximity to live Blues music!

I was completely drawn in by the set-up of the restaurant. It had a very welcoming atmosphere, and the staff was really nice. Actually, I feel kind of sorry for our waiter because it probably took us 20 minutes to decide what we wanted to order because we were so busy talking and taking in the atmosphere that we didn't even start looking at the menu until 20 seconds before he walked up to our table! 

I decided on their Crispy Smoked Duck Salad. I'd only ever had duck in a turducken, and I don't really think that counts as far as knowing if you like duck or not! This salad delivered! It came on a bed of vibrant greens with gorgonzola cheese, caramelized onions, and pecan wood smoked bacon. (Holy moly!) The vinaigrette that accompanied it took me by surprise - blueberry. But you know what?? It was fabulous! It gave the duck just the right amount of sweetness to go with its already succulent meat. 

Georgia Blues took me completely by surprise and delivered well over my expectations. I cannot WAIT to go back and try more of their creations!

Happy eating,
~HB~

No comments:

Post a Comment