Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

Just in case you were beginning to wonder... I'm still alive! Just busy as ever. 

I'm particularly ashamed to admit that it's been 2 months since I've done a post. Actually... ashamed doesn't even begin to cover it. 
A lot has been going on.
2012 Annual Pink Ribbon Gala (The Pink Box donated 500 desserts to the event.)
Dove Hunting....this doesn't happen often!

We went "Hello Kitty" crazy for about a week
Made a celebration cake for the new Orthopedic Hospital in town.
Such a cute 2-year old's birthday cake!
Represented "The Pink Box" at a local bridal show
Absolutely ELATED at the birth of friends' baby girl. I'm in love with this sweet pea!
200+ cookies made for a local high school HEART club.
And, last but certainly not least, we're bringing King Cakes back for the Holiday Season! Thanksgiving flavored fillings have been created and are ready to sell!
After all of that throw in the normal, working life, a bit of ADD (ashamedly so), obsessive amounts of OCD and that explains my lack of posts. I dislike myself greatly right now. 

SO, the least that I can do is finish out the zucchini-filled craze that we were so enjoying back in September! Of course, zucchini is far from in season now, but this recipe is still too good to pass up!
I'm finished with guilt-tripping myself over this whole blogging hiatus thing. Hopefully it's now a thing of the past! 

Here's the recipe for Blueberry Zucchini Bread and it's the bomb-dot-com. SO delicious!! I can still taste it because I froze a loaf, forgot about it, then found it the other day. Yummy! 


Happy eating,
~HB~

Blueberry Zucchini Bread courtesy of mybakingaddiction.com

 2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar; lightly packed
1 cup shredded zucchini
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan.
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugars. 
Fold in the zucchini. 
Beat in the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in berries.
Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top.
Bake 55-65 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. 
Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

*These also make great muffins! 


1 comment:

  1. Heather!!! I was just thinking the past few days about how I really needed to text you and ask how you're doing and see if we could figure out some time when we could get together!! So glad you're alive and well and nothing happened to you....just kidding....LOL!!! :) All of the stuff you baked looks SOOO GOOOD!!! If I lived closer I'd beg you to let me be your taste tester. :)

    ReplyDelete