Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

I told you earlier this week, I'm on a zucchini kick. However, this could be the most unusual endeavor of them all....seriously.
In case you missed the memo, it's safe to say that I'm obsessed with chocolate. If I could have it 3 times a day...I would. It's that bad! I know that dark chocolate is healthy and has antioxidants in it, but I'm pretty sure that the antioxidants outweigh the calories only for the first piece

Can someone PLEASE prove me wrong on this one????!!!???? 

Anyway, since I'm so obsessed with it I can't believe that I actually made these. I love chocolate chip cookies. Seriously... I l-o-v-e them! Why did I mix something green into them - possibly changing the texture that I so love? And why, I ask you, did I exchange the sugar for a Stevia/sugar baking blend???? Because I'm crazy. But it must be a good crazy because these were delicious! And you know what?? They tasted even better when I put them in the freezer. So. Much. Better. 

You should try these TODAY. :)

Happy eating,
~HB~
P.S. I did change these to Gluten-Free, but...I'm keeping that recipe under wraps. *whispers* They're that good. :) 


Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 15-20 cookies
  • 1/2 c.Butter
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 c. stevia baking blend
  • 2 c. all-purpose Flour
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. sea salt
  • 1 medium zucchini, finely grated and squeezed dry to yield approximately 1. c
  • 1 c. chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter, egg and Stevia baking blend.


In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until well combined.

Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.

 Scoop dough out by heaping spoonful and place on a lightly greased or Silicone "paper"-lined baking sheet. (You might find that you need to flatten the dough ball a bit.)

Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies are set and lightly browned. Allow to cool for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment