Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffles

Shut the front door.
Did I just say "cookie dough" and "truffle" in the same sentence?? Ohmyword. I can't help but get excited every. time. I make these! Which has been twice....in the last week. I guess I should make a confession.
I absolutely adore chocolate chip cookie dough. I could eat it all day long and not miss the cookies that should've come from said dough. It's a problem. Actually, I think it's hereditary. No, seriously! My aunt and uncle love to eat cookie dough (possibly more than me - which is a huge stretch). As do my parents (or at least my dad). So I'm blaming it on genes. There...I feel better now. ;) 
I also have found a love for truffles. I mean, you already know how much I love chocolate truffle cookie dough! So what could be better than mixing my two favorite things together?? Uhm....not having that terrible feeling of guilt after eating 3 without thinking!!

Ladies and gents, this made it in almost everyone's cookie bags this year. They are fabulous. They're also easy to mix together for a party! Makethem-makethem-makethem. 

Happy eating,
~HB~


Cookie Dough Truffles (adapted from family.com)
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
6 ounces miniature chocolate chips 
 
Cream butter and sugar together.

Add remaining ingredients and mix well. You might need to use your hands to get it together. I just mixed it a little longer.


Roll into 1-inch balls.

Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Dip in chocolate, drizzle with chocolate or eat as is -- equally delicious no matter what!
The original recipe said to let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving, but I think that they're best right out of the fridge!!
Store in the refrigerator.
                                                                                  Makes approx. 5 dozen truffles

No comments:

Post a Comment