Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Zucchini Brownies

Monday.
That's when these little squares of goodness were birthed in my kitchen. They have zero flour, no processed sugar, and contain almond butter and zucchini. Just give me the whole pan, please!

Don't ask me why, but my love of savory zucchini dishes has morphed into a love for zucchini in sweet-form within the last week. (Well....3 days.) UGH. The other bad part? I made them before dinner. YOU try fixing dinner with a pan of brownies staring you in the face. I dare you. I think I ate 2 before we had supper. And half of one after. Mhmm. 
My family doesn't really like them. I say "bummer for them!" :) These are even better the next day, but don't eat them cold. Pulease! They're best when they're warm, so pop it in the microwave before you take a bite!


Happy eating,
~HB~ 

Flourless Zucchini Brownies (adapted from delightedmomma.com)
  • 1 cup Almond Butter
  • 1 1/2 cup Zucchini, grated
  • 1/3 cup Raw Honey
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
  • 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine first 8 ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
Next, pour the chocolate chips into the batter and stir to combine.


Pour into a greased 9x9 baking pan. 
 Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I have one piece of advice for you: Make sure that you have a glass of milk on hand. These things are dangerous!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if you have any left, I'll try one! LOL! Bet you don't have any left - LOL!
    They look great and I love how you do all the pics!

    ReplyDelete